Terms and Conditions of Agreement
PIA General Policies
- - The On-line application is processed upon the deposit of an enrollment fee of 150 USD within seven days from the submission of application form. Submission of the application must be done 4 weeks before the scheduled departure. If no deposit has been made, the submitted application shall be cancelled and the 150 USD will not be refundable.
- - After receiving an invoice from PIA, the applicant is required to deposit the entire amount of his / her tuition fee/s, at least 4 weeks before the start of the term.
- - The shortest time possible for a student to study in PIA is 8 weeks (2 terms) which may be extended on a term basis. Under special circumstances, if a student cannot meet the required minimum duration of his or her stay in PIA, he / she may send email or call authorized persons in PIA for further details.
- A notification letter is sent via email within 3 working days after completing an online application.
Policy on Refund
- - This policy covers the student who cancelled his/her application to study in PIA BEFORE departure from his/her home country. To apply for cancellation, the following rules and procedures shall be observed.
|4 weeks before departure date from your country to the Philippines
|3 weeks before departure date from your country to the Philippines
|2 weeks before departure date from your country to the Philippines
|1 week before departure date from your country to the Philippines
- - If a student cancels an application to study in PIA 4 weeks prior to his or her departure schedule, no cancellation fee shall be charged against him.
- - If a student cancels an application to study in PIA 3 weeks prior to his or her departure schedule, a cancellation fee of 50 USD shall be deducted from the initial deposit made.
- - If a student cancels an application to study in PIA 2 weeks prior to his or her departure schedule, a cancellation fee of 100 USD shall be deducted from the initial deposit made.
- - If a student cancels an application to study in PIA 1 week prior to his or her departure schedule, the entire amount of the initial deposit of 150 USD shall be forfeited.
- This policy covers the student who cancelled his/her application to study in PIA AFTER departure from his/her home country and UPON arrival at PIA.
- - A cancellation form must be filled out and submitted to an authorized PIA staff.
- - NO REFUND for the term that had already started shall be given to the student who applied for the cancellation of his/her application to study in PIA.
- - The policy on refund shall cover the term/s that has/have not started yet. ONLY fifty percent (50%) of the fixed fee per term shall be refunded to the student.
- - Upon due completion and submission of the cancellation form, PIA shall verify the reasons given through personal consultation with the student. Thereafter, processing of the refund shall be completed within 30 days.
Other Policies Concerning Refund
- - As a general rule, once the corresponding fee/s has/have already been paid by the students for the entire duration of his/her stay in PIA, ONLY fifty percent (50%) of the tuition per term SHALL BE refunded.
- - Violation of school rules by the students shall not be tolerated. Thus, if a student gets warning/s after thorough investigation, PIA shall DEDUCT a corresponding amount from his/her deposit as a penalty for such infraction.
- - In the event that the student incurred more than two (2) counts of violation, he/she shall be EXPELLED accordingly, after due investigation has been conducted. Moreover, he/she SHALL NOT be entitled to any refund of his/her deposit for the remaining period of stay in PIA.
Responsibilities for incidents and natural disasters
- - The school shall not be responsible for any untoward incidents involving PIA students, most especially, if the student has participation in the aforementioned incident, and/or it took place outside the premises of the academy during weekends, holidays, or while on trip.
- - When natural disasters occur such as earthquake, typhoon, etc., or in the case of delayed flights or transportations, PIA shall not be responsible to indemnify any loss suffered by a student; in the same manner, that PIA is not answerable for loss of class days or suspension thereof as a result of fortuitous events.
Extension to Study and Request for Additional class
- - Application to extend one's stay in PIA is accommodated on a 'First come, first served' basis.
- - If a student would like to extend his or her stay in PIA, PIA will initially consider the availability of rooms. Also, application must be filed within the period given. The grant of application for extension to study is dependent on the timeliness of expressing one's intention and the availability of rooms. Late applications shall not be considered for this matter.
- - If a student's application for extension to study is confirmed by an authorized school staff, he/she shall be asked to deposit the corresponding amount of extended study fee to PIA bank account.
- - If a student decides to cancel his / her application for an extension to study before the term begins, but has already paid the required fees, only 50 % of the paid fee shall be refundable.
- - If a student would like to add one or more 1:1 classes in addition to his or her regular classes, he or she shall first undergo counseling with one of the students' managers. An additional class fee of 3,200 pesos for each class must be paid before the additional class/es start/s.
- - Teachers or classes may be changed without prior notice due to circumstances that are unexpected or beyond the academy's control.
Change of teachers, class, or curriculum
- - If a student requests for a change of class or a teacher, counseling with one of the school managers shall be done before a change is granted. However, changing a group class to a 1:1 class is not allowed.
- - PIA may change a teacher when a teacher is deemed to be disqualified from discharging his / her duties as such, even though a term has already started. Circumstances that make the teacher disqualified include the following: emergency leaves, inappropriate manners or behaviors as may have been determined by the immediate supervisor, continuous absences due to illness or personal reasons, and / or inadequate class preparation.
- - If a student's English proficiency level is comparatively lower or higher than other students in PIA, the school has a right to transfer the student to another ESL school. If this happens, classes and teachers will be changed and the student is not entitled to request any cash remuneration from PIA.
Certificate of Graduation
- - A certificate of graduation is released only to students who have completed at least 90 % of the total class hours.
Going out of school premises and holidays
- - Students are allowed to go on a trip during weekends when there is no make-up or regular class scheduled by the academy. Before going on a trip, students should submit an itinerary form at least a day before the trip.
- - It is prohibited for students to go out of the school premises during weekdays without permission. When it happens, a verbal and a written warning shall be issued. If an urgent thing requires to be done outside the school premises, permission shall be granted depending on the importance of the matter as determined by the school manager.
- - Generally, no classes shall be conducted on holidays declared by Philippine law as regular and special non-working holiday. However, if the total class days is lesser than 18 days, the school is obliged to provide a make-up class to complete at least 18 days in a term.
Change of curriculum
- - The school has the right to change or modify its curriculum or class subjects without prior notice when it is inevitable, and the management deems it necessary to implement such modification or changes.
General School Rules
- - Drinking alcohol inside the school dormitory and/or within the school premises is not allowed. For any violation thereof, a verbal and a written warning shall be served to students.
- - Smoking is allowed at a designated area only.
- - When a student uses exit doors to go outside or the hotel veranda to go to the next room for purposes other than emergency situations, the student shall be expelled from the school. This policy is to deter the students from involving themselves in a possible danger and / or accident they may encounter.
- - When a student is absent for more than 5 hours in a term, he or she shall be made to attend a group self-study for one weekend.
- - When a student deliberately violates school regulations, damages school facilities, shows violent behavior, and / or commits those aforementioned acts under the influence of alcohol, the school shall automatically expel the student from the school. The erring student shall be made liable for any damages sustained by the school from such deliberate violations.
- - When a student is expelled from the school, the school manager is duty-bound to inform his or her parents and the concerned agency regarding the incident involving the student. No refund shall be made for the paid remaining terms.
- - Rules not mentioned above but are prescribed by Philippine laws and other pertinent statutes to be punishable when violated, are hereby adopted by the academy as part of its rules and regulations, and shall take necessary legal actions whenever necessary.
- - The hotel shall not be held responsible for any lost or missing items. It shall be the sole accountability of the students to guard and keep their valuable belongings in a safe place.
- - Each school dormitory is cleaned 2 times a week, and beddings and linens are replaced with new ones every other week. The schedule however is subject to changes with prior notice.
- - Students are not allowed to use any electric appliances, such as electric blanket, coffee maker, refrigerator, portable burner, iron, hair straightener, etc. in their own rooms. For any damage that the school or hotel may suffer inside/outside the dormitory as a result of such violation, the students concerned shall be made responsible in the payment of corresponding fine or penalties.
- - No alcoholic beverage is allowed to be brought inside the school dormitory. If a bottle of an alcoholic beverage is found with or without its content at a particular room, a verbal and a written warning shall be given to all students occupying the room.
- - Students are not allowed to enter the room belonging to the opposite gender. A married couple who occupy the same room are not allowed to invite or entertain any visitors inside their rooms. Visitors from outside may stay at the hotel entrance or hotel reception from 9am to 6pm. This is for safety purpose/s.
- - Students and visitors should observe silence from 10 pm to 7am.
- - Students are advised to refrain from showing unpleasant manners or from using inappropriate words to any staff of the hotel.
- - Students who use the hotel facilities and furniture should take good care of its furniture and fixtures and treat it as their own.
- - The hotel and the school agree to obtain 3,000 pesos from each student as a hotel deposit. This amount in its full amount shall be released upon checkout when no damage has been incurred by the student. Otherwise, the corresponding amount of damage, if any, shall be deducted from the amount deposited. In some instances, the student may be asked to add more if the amount of damage sustained by the hotel exceeds the deposit made.
- - To provide and improve a better and much safer place, both the hotel and the school are open to any suggestions or comments.
Upon signing, I declare that I agree with the above rules and regulations of PIA.